Extraordinary and endless are two words that can be used to describe your experience at Bella Bridesmaids! With such a wide variety of colors, styles, and lengths, you are sure to leave with multiple dresses for your bridesmaids.
Tell us about your company?
- Bella Bridesmaids has the largest collection of bridesmaid dresses from the world’s leading designers in our showroom! With hundreds of dresses to choose from, your personal Bella stylist is ready for anything — we recognize that every bride has her own vision and each bridesmaid is unique. We’ll give you personal attention to help you find the right dress for your girls and your day-and ship your dresses anywhere in the Continental United States!
- We are Laura and Jillian, the owners of Bella Bridesmaids in Scottsdale. We have always dreamed of owning our own boutique, and so after college, once we both got some “real word experience” (Laura as the Store Manager of the Raleigh, NC Bella Bridesmaids and Jillian in Digital Marketing) we decided to move to Scottsdale and open our own Bella location. It just seemed like the perfect fit!
What makes your different from other businesses in the field?
- We only carry bridesmaid dresses (not bridal) so we’re able to fully focus in one aspect of a bride’s big day. Our personal, one on one appointments allow us to focus our attention on our brides (and their bridesmaids) and ensure that they get exactly what they want for their girls on their big day!
Why do you like working with weddings?
- We love seeing brides AND their bridesmaids happy. We hear all too often that girls hated the dress they had to wear for a friend’s wedding, or that they never wore their dress again, so we LOVE it when we find them something that actually makes them say: “I love this!”
What was the most difficult situation you have faced with a client and how did you resolve it?
- We had a large party (12 bridesmaids!) and the bride wanted every bridesmaid in a different color and different dress. As you can imagine, that can get tricky, ESPECIALLY when the bridesmaids all have their own opinion on what they want to wear (or do NOT want to wear). Luckily, the bride started planning months in advance so we were able to spend several, personal appointments with her and her maids, eventually finding the perfect dress for every girl.
From a vendor’s perspective, what’s the best piece of advice you can give to engaged couples?
- You will get all sorts of opinions on what you should do for your wedding, but at the end of the day, your wedding is all about you and your love for one another — do what makes YOU happy!
What or who motivates you?
- Our grandparents. They were part of the greatest generation, living through the depression and WW2. They BOTH went to college (which was unusual during that time) and had the most greatest work ethic I’ve ever seen. While they both died 3 years ago, we hope that they are proud of us and what we’ve accomplished in opening our own business!
What do you do when you are not working? Free time?
- What is that? Haha in all seriousness though, Laura is an avid runner (you’ll find her running half marathons all over the country) and enjoys spending time with her pooch, Sophie. Jillian is a self-proclaimed yogi who enjoys travelling (and drinking wine!) with her husband.
What would we be surprised to learn about you?
- That we are related — Laura is tall and brunette and Jillian is short and blonde. Most people can’t believe we are cousins!