When it comes to planning a remarkable wedding, there are some cool trends you can implement to really knock your big day right out the park. From themes to decor, creative reception ideas and the latest photography trends, there’s something for every style bride. Check out how you can make the most of your special day and throw one killer wedding in 2016.
Vintage Elegance Wedding Style: If you’re looking for a classic sophistication, you should be thinking Parlour Rooms, Hollywood Hotels and Art Deco.
- Dimly – but flatteringly – lit rooms with wallpaper and grand pianos.
- High Back velvet chairs and striped couches for seating.
- Any venue with vintage style lighting like electric wall sconces or crystal lamps on tables.
Fun and Stylish Decor: Décor trends in 2016 have become all about attention to detail! Playing with décor, colors and patterns adds a personal touch and reflects the couples personalities.
- Flagging Tape: If you have your heart set on trying out some unique, fun wedding trends — instead of ribbon, you should be working with flagging tape. A cheaper alternative to ribbon, flagging tape comes in a plethora of designs and colors. It’s also super versatile:
- Build a beautiful backdrop for when you say your vows.
- Hang it from the ceiling of your venue to create depth and unique decor.
- Tie it to chair backs with flowers to really give your chairs some charm.
Blending Vibrant Colors: Forget the two color system of the past, brides in 2016 are choosing entire palettes. This is great when choosing bridesmaid dresses, flowers and centerpieces.
- When you choose your theme, simply google “beach” or “Hollywood” color palette, and you can start compiling color ideas.
- Mix and match colors when it comes to bridesmaids and flowers for a total color explosion.
- Colors don’t have to be uniform, then can simply blend to create a gorgeous tone effect.
Forget The Flowers: Flowers are expensive and brides are finding awesome options to tone down the budget in 2016. When it comes to flowers, simply think outside the garden this year.
- Jeweled Bouquets
Creative Cocktails: Forget the traditional champagne reception, 2016 has brought fun and originality to wedding cocktails. Sit down with your partner in crime and come up with a few ideas of drinks you love or might fit with your wedding theme.
- Themed cocktail to your reception.
- Cocktails that add a pop of color and match your palette.
- Signature cocktails made from your favorite ingredients.
- His and Hers cocktails that really nail your personality.
Heritage Receptions: Family style dinners and heritage style meals are all the rage in 2016 weddings. Think big Italian family dinner where dishes are passed around he table rather than a formal catered experience.
- Long, family style reception tables.
- Table cloths and table runners for accents.
- Dishes served right on the table in lieu of buffets or catered three/five course dinners.
- Foods will have that home cooked, heritage feel to them.
- Self-serve cocktails and build your own food bars.
Mini Pairings: If you really like the idea of canapés and champagne, then there is one awesome wedding trend you should follow for your 2016 wedding. The mini-pairing. Cute, adorable, delicious bites of foods and mini drinks that are so scrumptious, you won’t be able to resist them:
Milk and cookies
- Tomato soup and grilled cheese
- Sliders and mini-beers
- Tacos and tequila
- Bacon maple cupcakes and bourbon
- Deviled eggs and mini-martinis
Naked Cakes: That money you saved on flowers comes in handy when it comes to decorating these beautiful naked cakes! Cut your budget with greenery and top your cake with an array of garden roses or peonies.
Splendid Photography Do’s & Dont’s: 2016 photography trends are all about highlights. Instead of recording every single moment and having to sift through thousands of shots, you should discuss simple highlights with your photographer/videographers
- Movie Trailer style videos that are one to three minutes in length in lieu of three hour videos.
- Photographs that sincerely highlight your entire day in moments rather than a whole book of every single detail.
- Epic shots with nature as the backdrop that creates one specific moment between bride and groom.
It’s All About the Lighting: What would a romantic wedding be if it weren’t lit by decadent candlelight? Some of the best ideas tie in the Hollywood/Parlor style themes, too!
- Chandeliers and Candelabras
- Light up marquee letters
- Lanterns hung in trees
- Candlelight lit wedding aisles
- Crystal lamps on reception tables
- Edison bulbs strung along the dance floor