The Out of Towners
Let them know how much you appreciate their presence in celebrating your wedding by making them feel right at home when they arrive.
- Send out the save the date cards six to eight months prior to the wedding so this will give your guests plenty of time to prepare for your wedding. You should also provide your names, date, place, wedding website if you have one, and the hotel information.
- Offer a welcome basket and stuff it with local snack items, drinks and maybe some pampering like essentials- soap, candles and oils. Call the hotel ahead of time to set up the best way to get the gifts into your guests’ rooms before they arrive.
- Reserve a block of rooms to get a lower rate for your guests, maybe have more than one hotel with a different price point to give them choices. Consider getting a hotel near your wedding venue and if you’re having your wedding at a hotel, be sure to get it from that same hotel.
- Consider working with a travel agent to find good deals.
- Provide guests with transportation company names so they can arrange for their own ride around town. Or maybe you can even set aside a group of cars for your guests’ convenience. Make sure to shop around for the best deals.
- Add local restaurants’ just in case they get hungry and doesn’t want to bother looking places up themselves.
- Supply information on local point of interests and this can be included in your welcome basket as well.
This is just a suggestion and it is not something that you must do but it is a very nice gesture considering that they are in town because of your wedding.
Photo from Nantucket Weddings Unveiled
Bags Made By ACK Gift Bags
affectionately… -jo ann- 480-216-4630 Apropos Creations, LLC