Two days away from Thanksgiving! Are you ready? Well, if you are not, no need to panic. Sit down, relax, take a deep breath. Write down all the things that needs to be accomplished between now and Thursday. This will keep you focused and not get distracted with other tasks. Now, go and fix yourself one of the drinks I have below and enjoy. You can even do a taste of each one and see which one you like best and serve it for Thanksgiving. 🙂
Let’s start with a non- alcoholic beverage:
Mulled Apple Cider
Apple cider is one of the traditional of the spiced winter warmers, you can also use red wine, cranberry juice, white wine, hard cider, or ale. All of these beverages take very nicely to mulling.
- The primary spice combinations for mulled cider almost always include cinnamon sticks and whole cloves.
- Nutmeg, mace, star anise, allspice berries, cardamom pods, slices of fresh ginger, orange slices and lemon zest are also good additions.
- To infuse without making the drink cloudy and gritty, use whole spices rather than ground.
- Bring the mixture to a very gentle simmer over low heat.
- Don’t let it boil: this can cause spices to turn bitter.
- To really allow the flavors of the spices to infuse into the beverage, you should allow the mixture to simmer on the stovetop for at least half an hour.
It’s fine to keep the pot warm for several hours, allowing everyone to sip holiday cheer throughout the night: a slow cooker on low heat is ideal. Ladle into mugs and serve, garnished with an orange slice or cinnamon stick.
Now to the ones with alcohol ingredients:
Pumpkin Pie Martini
- 2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 2 ounces creme de cacao
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1.5 tablespoons of pumpkin puree (pie mix)
- 1 dash of ground nutmeg (for garnish)
- Powdered graham cracker (for the rim)
Rim two martinin glasses with crushed graham cracker. Fill a shaker with ice and add the vodka, creme de cacao, cream and pumpkin puree. Shake well until it’s chilled. Strain into the martini glasses. Sprinkle the ground nutmeg on top for garnish.
- 1 ounce spiced rum
- 1/2 ounce ginger liqueur
- 1 ounce apple juice
- Cinnamon stick
Shake ingredients together and strain into chilled martini glasses. Garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg, optionally.
Now, have a fun Thanksgiving but please be responsible and be safe!
About Apropos Creations…
With over 10 years of assisting brides, grooms and their respective families create this moment, Apropos Creations, a local Arizona wedding and event planner, will make this journey enjoyable and stress-free. We will be there to offer inspiring ideas and flawless coordination. Besides our basic wedding packages, Apropos Creations also specializes in multi cultural weddings, destination weddings and Philippines destination weddings. We pledge to you our devotion to make your wedding and event as unique as you. We want what you want, a perfect and beautiful day of memories to treasure throughout time.