Tell us about your company?
- Creations in Cuisine Catering is a full service catering company servicing the 3 major catering markets, corporate, social and wedding. Recently we celebrated our 20th year anniversary and relocated to Deer Valley Airport with a 3000’ commissary, administrative offices and equipment warehouse.
How did you get started in the wedding business?
- As an executive chef at several resorts and upscale restaurants in the valley I had the privilege of designing menus for several brides and it just seemed natural to offer the same level of service and resort style meals in an offsite venue to our new clientele.
What makes your different from other businesses in the field?
- Our name speaks for itself, we love to customize and create a signature, personal experience for our brides. We pride ourselves on offering a high quality experience at an affordable price with valley wide service. We are still owner operated so each event gets the owners personal attention to detail.
Why do you like working with weddings?
- When selected to cater a wedding you are honored with the task of helping to create life long memories. Executing a well orchestrated event is very fulfilling experience.
What was the most difficult situation you have faced with a client and how did you resolve it?
- We worked with a client who snuck in over 20 guests while the meal was being served. They refused to address it as it unfolded which would have allowed us to come up with a solution. We documented each conversation we had that evening and prior to the event and each step we took to remedy the situation. In the end they knew they we at fault but continued to place the blame on us. We just took what lessons we could learn from that situation and made ourselves a better vender.
From a vendor’s perspective, what’s the best piece of advice you can give to engaged couples?
- Have a good idea of what you want before you start shopping. Do research on all venders and be sure you are getting qualified testimonials. If it doesn’t sound right it probably isn’t, if it doesn’t feel right now it won’t later so go with your gut feeling and choose the vender who is working the hardest for you.
What or who motivates you?
- From a professional perspective it is all the new, creative and exciting culinary trends popping up in our industry and how we can offer them to our clients. From a personal perspective it has always been family.
What do you do when you are not working?
- Family dinner on Sundays, motorcycle riding and any opportunity to visit the beach and or mountains.
What would we be surprised to learn about you?
- I think I get the most surprised look from people when I tell them about my children and their ages, 29, 9, 7 and a new baby granddaughter.