The video below was a segment from yesterday’s television show, The List. They wanted to know why wedding these days cost so much more compared to the yesteryears due to an article put out by CNN Money.
With the brides and grooms always being creative and accommodating to their guests, here are the contributing factors that had driven the budget to go up:
- Sending out save-the-date cards;
- Hiring caricature artists as part of their wedding entertainment;
- Having a photobooth during the reception;
- Purchasing or creating welcome bags waiting for the guests at their hotel rooms (some hotels and resorts charge to deliver these);
- Providing a “party” bus to accommodate their guests from the hotel to the ceremony, the reception and back to the hotel;
- Bestowing flip flops for the lady guests during the dancing so they won’t end up with achy feet;
- Presenting their guests midnight snack for after the reception like food trucks, cookies and milk, and warm, fresh mini donuts;
- “Wow”ing the guests with a firework show.
There are so much more I didn’t mention that can cause for the wedding budget to go up. Like I mentioned earlier, brides and grooms are being crafty to make their weddings unique (thank pinterest and Martha Stewart for that) and they are very appreciative of their guests taking the time to witness their special day.
The bottom line is, this is your wedding and no one can tell you right or wrong. Do what you think is right for you and your fiance. Remember, this is a once in a lifetime experience that you will always treasure.
I hope you enjoy the video clip as much as I did filming it…
Please feel free to use this article in you E-zine or website. All we ask is for you to include this complete statement: Wedding and Event Planning entrepreneur Jo Ann M. Grant of Apropos Creations LLC, publishes “Eternal Treasures” e-zine. Please be sure to sign up to our monthly Labor of Love newsletter where you will receive more wedding tips and advice.
About Apropos Creations… With over 10 years of assisting brides, grooms and their respective families create this moment, Apropos Creations, a local Chandler, Arizona wedding and event planner, who services Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona, and the surrounding cities, will make this journey enjoyable and stress-free. You will be offered inspiring ideas and flawless coordination. Besides our basic wedding packages, Apropos Creations also specializes in multi cultural weddings and Southeast Asian weddings, destination weddings in San Diego, CA, San Jose, CA, San Francisco, CA and neighboring bay area cities and Philippines destination weddings. We pledge to you our devotion to make your wedding and event as unique as you. We want what you want, a perfect and beautiful day of memories to treasure throughout time.